I had been both a nerd (in primary school) and a wanna-be ‘gangster’ (in secondary school). I know it sounds a little weird but I’d consider myself a hybrid of a nerd and a gangster. Perhaps one day I will write a book about my dramatic transformation and how I became what I am today. But for now, I’d just like to focus on Serving Joy.
I love to read, write and spend time alone working on my projects with a cup of hot Green Tea by my side – that’s who I am – an introvert.
The rest of my free time, I usually spend on playing soccer with my friends, self-practiced mix martial arts (MMA) at home and go for Yoga lessons to stay active.
Why Serving Joy?
I just know I had to!
I am not a Psychiatrist, Counselor, Doctor or anything in between. I am just an ordinary individual who wants to create something that could improve the lives of my own fellow beings.
I can’t wait to wake up in the morning, I didn’t want to go to bed at night. All I could think of is Serving Joy – how can I make it a better community? How to enhance my readers’ experience? How can I improve the content to make it more interesting, fun and easy-to-read? These are questions I had been asking myself over and over again. I breathe, eat and even dream of Serving Joy, literally.
That why – I know I had to do it! Not just doing it for the sake of doing it but for the sake for serving others and because I love doing what I do.
At first, I couldn’t explain the excitement I had. That’s why I wrote in my journal – in bullet points format – to help me understand the driving force behind all of hard work – the WHY?
This is what I wrote in my journal:
- I don’t want to hide my talents, I want to share and make use of whatever little I have to make this world a better place to live in
- I like to do things my way. Starting Serving Joy allows me to challenge myself and the status quo in different ways
- I want others to know that not everyone with tattoo are bad people (Ridiculous? Yeah, that’s what I wrote)
- I am happy to be given an opportunity to inspire others to lead a better life. This is the best job in the world (I don’t even consider this a job)
- I love Art. Serving Joy allows me to express some form of arts
- I love challenges. Working at Serving Joy is a challenge to me every day
- I had always wanted to start a site like Serving Joy. It’s my dream!
This is why I do what I do. To find out more about why I started Serving Joy, go to http://Servingjoy.com/serving-joy/